Restoration Project Update: 1961 Morris Minor Traveller Complete!

Written by on August 20, 2015 in Restoration with 7 Comments

Morris Minor Traveller Restoration

Our Morris Minor Traveller restoration is complete, and, if we don’t say so ourselves, looks fantastic! These are really cool little cars, and we couldn’t be more pleased with how the finished product turned out. As usual, the paint and body was done by Ken’s Body Shop right here in San Luis Obispo—and it came out great. The car has been painted black with a base coat and clear coat that makes it really pop with a very deep finish.

Morris Minor Traveller

On its way home to a proud owner.

It’s come a long way since we first started. Take a look at the early stages.

The most difficult part of this restoration was getting the wood work just right. Luckily, the guys at Woodies did an incredible job on the wood kit, and the whole process went very smoothly. Please take a moment to check out the photos of this awesome woody, and feel free to ask questions and comment.

Click on any of the following thumbnails for full-size photos. You can navigate through the slides by clicking on the right and left-hand arrows on the photo or using the < and > keys on your keyboard.

Tags: , , ,

If you enjoyed this article, subscribe now to receive more just like it.

Subscribe via RSS Feed Follow Us on Instagram Connect on Google Plus Connect on YouTube

7 Reader Comments

Trackback URL Comments RSS Feed

1. john Leech says:

Fantastic . I have one 1962 countryman in good condition like the one in your tutorial but sum of the wood on the rear Right Hand side behind the Bumper is roten and needs to be replaced or repaired , but I live in New Zealand and the timber is hard to get.

2. steve says:

I am rebuilding a traveller including all the wood.
    The wood can be got in nz (auckland) but you need to hand select each piece.
    There area number of different size timber available so you also need a good workshop to process it.

3. john Leech says:

4. john Leech says:

Hi Steve. Sorry it has been so long for my reply but have not been weii, could you possibly let me know where I can get the Timber to do the Job. it is not a very big job, the right hand side rear behind the Bumper has been damaged & filled with something. I live near Warkworth are you close Regards John This Is Not A duplicate Redd it

5. john Leech says:

Hi There as you can see in, 4 reader comments Steve told me that the would could be purest in Auckland but did not say where could you possibly let me know or ask Steve to let me know my email address it will make a big difference for me I should think when I can get Round to it Regards John Leech.

6. john Leech says:

Hi There as you can see in, 4 reader comments Steve told me that the would could be purchased in Auckland but did not say where could you possibly let me know or ask Steve to let me know my email address it will make a big difference for me I should think when I can get Round to it Regards John Leech.

7. john Leech says: